Using the picture, ponder these questions:
1. What would be a good name for this puppy?
2. What other animal would be perfect for giving him a push?
3. How would the puppy feel when he was swinging?
4. Write the conversation between the puppy and his new friend.
5. Write a synopsis of this friendship story (with a happy ending)
Below are story first lines. Choose one and either write the story summary OR jump right into creating your adventure
1. Bubbles the Clown decided to run away FROM the circus.
2. Even in her red cape, no one paid attention to April . What would it take to get noticed?
3. As Gerald, the gecko, licked his eyes, he finally saw the problem.
Below are plot summaries. Use them to create an attention grabbing first sentence of the story.
1. A shadow decides to runaway for an adventure.
2. Weasel spreads rumors at the zoo until chaos breaks out.
3. Platypus is nervous about his very first sleepover.
Only have a minute or two, use these jump starters to get the writing mind activated and engaged.
1. Make a list of all the things that make the sound BOOM
2. Write a list of the words you hate.
3. If you could write a letter to your creative muse, what would you say?